The Rode NTG2 is a condenser shotgun microphone designed for professional audio capturing in the field or indoors. With a history of manufacturing quality studio microphones, Rode has implemented low-noise output electronics and wide frequency bandwidth, both of which attribute to the NTG2's broadcast sound quality.
The supercardioid polar pattern and line-plus-gradient acoustic design effectively minimize audio and noise at the off-axis (sides) of the microphone, while the front of the capsule accurately reproduces incoming audio signal. The result is greater intelligibility and signal-to-noise ratio when using the NTG2 in noisy environments.
The NTG2 is powered with an internal 1.5V AA battery or an external +48V phantom power source. The output is a standard 3-pin XLR male connector.
The microphone features a rugged, all metal, lightweight enclosure that is ideal for camera mounting, yet durable enough to withstand the rigors of heavy road use. The Rode NTG2 is packaged with a microphone stand mount and windscreen.
- Battery Or Phantom Powered
- The Rode NTG2 can be powered with an internal 1.5V AA battery or external +48V phantom power source.
- Supercardioid Polar Pattern
- The supercardioid polar pattern and line-gradient acoustic principle allow for a narrow pick up pattern at the front of the capsule while minimizing noise at the off-axis sections.
- Lightweight Durable Construction
- The NTG2 features a lightweight metal housing that is ideal for camera mounting.
- Low Handling Noise
- Low-noise output electronics provide high signal-to-noise ratio. The NTG2 is designed to also reduce noise caused by handling, rigid mounting hardware, loose cabling, etc.